Velvet Ice Cream Teams Up with "The Works" For Member's Day
Utica, Ohio (June 1, 2011) – Members of The Works can kick off summer with ice cream, special activities and fun when Velvet Ice Cream hosts Member's Day on Friday, June 17, from 11 a.m. - 7 p.m.
The more than 1,500 families who are members of The Works can enjoy free ice cream treats and more at Velvet's Ye Olde Mill, 11324 Mt. Vernon Rd. (State Route 13), in Utica.
Located in Newark, Ohio, The Works: Center for History, Art and Technology, is a great family destination filled with fun activities, fascinating displays and educational opportunities for all ages.
"We're very excited to partner with Velvet Ice Cream to provide a member-added benefit," said Marcia Downes, managing director of The Works. "Our members will enjoy spending the day learning about the science of ice cream and, of course, enjoying a Velvet Ice Cream treat."
Members of The Works simply present their membership card to enjoy all of the great deals and special activities, including:
- One free Velvet Ice Cream treat per Works membership (number reflected on membership card);
- 15 percent off purchases in Velvet Ice Cream's gift shop;
- Guided tours of Velvet Ice Cream. Tours begin every half hour, 11 a.m.-3 p.m.
- The Science of Ice Cream show will be presented by The Works staff at 11:30 a.m. This messy show will allow the audience to learn the science behind ice cream making and the chemical reactions that take place to make the frozen dessert
- Ice Cream themed art activities.
- Raffles with a chance to win a one-year membership to The Works; a special ice cream themed, blown glass creation from The Works Glass Studio; and a Melissa & Doug Sundae Play Set.
Velvet Ice Cream is also open to the public on this date. For more information, contact Velvet's guest relations office at 740.892.3921 or 800.589.5000.
The Works is an interactive learning center where people of all ages can have fun and be inspired by the history, technology and artistic accomplishments of the communities we serve. The Works is located at 55 S. First Street, Newark, Ohio 43058. Visit us on the web at www.attheworks.org.
Headquartered at Ye Olde' Mill in Utica, Ohio, Velvet Ice Cream has been a family owned and operated business for nearly 100 years. Founded in 1914 by family patriarch Joseph Dager, Velvet has been run by four generations of the Dager family. Each year, Velvet produces more than five million gallons of ice cream, which can be found in freezer cases throughout the Midwest. The historic Ye Olde' Mill, which houses the company headquarters, an ice cream museum and restaurant, attracts more than 150,000 visitors a year.